Thursday, April 14, 2011

Most awesome video I've seen in years


http://youtu.be/RcoxfibLBLc
Music video by Black Kids performing Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo)

Not Scooter related, but I've tortured all the staff at MRP this week more than usual by playing music videos that I like. This one is way catchy. This might be three years old, but I finally saw it. It's from a Jacksonville Florida band called "Black Kids" and seriously it's the coolest video I've seen in a long time.

Mad props for bringing back the 1980s cartoons. You can tell the director did his research since the influences are a full decade before the age of the guys singing, but they rocked out with a heavily influenced video showcasing scenes from Silverhawks, Dungeons and Dragons, M.A.S.H, Star Wars, THUNDERCATS, and VOLTRON. No Scooters in the Video, it sounds influenced by VHS or BETA on the guitars GO! Team in the background, it's got a late 70s rock vibe, but great to see a Florida band putting something this cool together.

Only thing missing was a giant robot at the end or someone trying to sell me some toys.

No comments: