Friday, March 4, 2011

MEDIA COMING BACK TO GAS BOOM BUST STORIES! WINNING!

BLAH BLAH BLAH Here we go again, the time warp of High gas prices = Scooter Sales.

I like this article because it features one of our clients so I'm glad she's getting some publicity Susan Richardson, owner of the Scoot About Store in Seattle.

Maybe we should promote scooters as alternative transportation instead of rehashing the same old story every year. I saw like 10,000,000,000 of these in 2008. Everyone writing the same exact story high gas = sales. It's like a Charlie Sheen relapse story. These stories make us think we're all WINNING! the truth is we'll loose if its not sustainable in the long run.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Gas-Prices-Are-Scooter-Booster-117440838.html

What I don't want is the media bringing in what I call fly by night guys.

MEDIA ATTENTION = NEW INVESTORS WHO THINK THIS IS EASY LIKE SELLING YOGURT = NEW STORES RUN BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T STUDY MARKET = SELL CHEAPEST CHINESE SCOOTER = COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICES ON EVERYTHING = ONLY SCOOTER SALES FOCUSED = SALES GO DOWN = GO BROKE = LEAVE MARKET = REPEAT 2 YEARS LATER = LOCAL MARKET IS A MESS OF CHINESE BIKES WITH NO SUPPORT

Let's make this boom a little different. Let's educate our dealers, let's sell them better quality stuff. As an industry we can do better or at least in my imagination I would like to think we could do better.

I like the fact the article talks about EV and electrics. We need to think outside the box in the US to make this work this time around.

No comments: