Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ride To Work 2011 ridetowork.org

June 20th, 2011 is Ride to Work day. This is something I have to do more often.
If you're anything like me you might find it hard to ride every single day to work, I tend to use my car more than I'd like to, but its good to show solidarity with the industry and daily riders as well. So I encourage all the dealers to support this cause. If you never heard of them they are a 501 c4 non-profit organization, advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation. Add their info to your website and dealer page, support the creation of more motorcycle parking you will find it makes a difference.

Over the years campaigns and Ride to Work have helped change many cities. My Alma mater the University of Florida is a great case in point. While I was studying there we hardly had sufficient scooter and motorcycle parking now all the extra parking spaces ten years later have helped steer more people into riding. Try finding a spot for your car it takes two hours, if you drive a scooter its five minutes. In turn more shops opened and people who ride have an easier time. It's a circle. So support the causes that support you the store, the rider, and the industry in general. This is one cause we should all rally around.


http://www.ridetowork.org/

No comments: